Our proprietary silicon carbide additives (SI-TUFF™) have a unique combination of properties that make them exceptional in non-stick cookware coatings. We are now working with a cookware manufacturer to develop products using the unique hybrid combination of silicon carbide fibres and graphene to create scratch resistant coatings and enhance their thermal response.
Our additives are used in high-end consumer cookware, industrial bakeware systems, and flexible baking release films. They:
• Improve scratch resistance, wear resistance and service life
• Improve heat transfer and cooking efficiency
• Are CFR-21 compliant for indirect food contact
• Contain no extractables and are non-toxic by ingestion
• Maintain non-stick performance for longer
Incorporating SI-TUFF™ into a coating system is straight forward. No modifications to an existing production process are required.